Thursday, February 20, 2014

Fuck the NSA



So, I'm taking this class from the Learn Liberty Academy. It isn't super involved but it's very enlightening. I surely recommend you take a look at the classes they offer.

Anyway, I'm partway through the class government power vs individual rights. The general gist is "Are the NSA activities legal/constitutional?" Of course if you are reading this, most likely you agree with my point of view of "Fuck no, that shit isn't legal nor constitutional!" Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but mine has been popped too.


It really looks like everything that they do is legal. Now, I sure as fuck still am against them, but suing them wont accomplish squat. They appear to have their bases covered. Now the constitutionality of those laws is dubious. They use some pretty thin precedents that have not made it to a point where we can expect an opinion on them. To the common man, we would call it sleazy. But considering the sleaze that is in DC, I doubt anybody there would take issue with it. The anointed ones in black robes certainly cant be trusted to issue their opinion strictly based on the constitution given their recent history.


Since they appear to be well within the law, and those laws aren't likely to be found unconstitutional, there are fewer choices left to combat this scourge. First off, vote some fuckers in that will fight for you. Lets get some new legislation. See my previous post about voting HERE.


Second, lets support the states that want to screw them over. I think it's funny when states and communities want to shut off the water or shut off the power. Of course I'm a bit demented with my sense of humor. We know the endgame, the feds will use violence to take the water or the electricity. I say good. If they prefer using violence on us, lets get it out in the open. Will that be the song we start the prom with? I dunno, but I sure am curious to know the answer. Lets stop the beating around the bush. If they are looking for that result, lets just get this dance started.


Lastly, well I guess we got to that already. There will come a point when it might be time to vote from the rooftops. My only advice then is remember the words of Tecumseh "When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."

I'm positive I took this in a direction that the great folks who are putting on the class didn't expect it to go. But we live in a cold, hard world with no limit to the capacity for violence. I'm just calling it how I see it. Neither side to this issue is filled with people full of righteousness and one side is prone to use violence first and try diplomacy only as a last resort. That can be avoided, and this isn't likely the thing to set the powder keg off. But it's another step down that road. Without the rose colored glasses on, it sure does seem like we're picking up speed as we take this trip.

At any rate, catch me over on bookface to chat about this, or just comment here. Don't forget that I have a youtube channel with some new stuff on it, and some more stuff on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing.