Monday, February 3, 2014

Gear

I haven't been posting much lately. I'm currently taking three online classes from The University of Washington, Yale, and The University of Maryland. In addition to having a family and work, I've also been doing some filming for youtube videos. (Mostly gear reviews lately) All that has just left me with very little time.

As I was talking to folks over on bookface about what gear reviews they'd like to see, I got to do some thinking. There is some gear that I don't think I could do a proper video review for but still would like folks to know that I support a product or company. So I thought I'd do a few short reviews here on this blog.You can be sure this will be about the last gear review I do over here. I'm going to stick with youtube for that. I refuse to let my blog be about gear.

Blue Force Gear-
  They make some cool shit. I absolutely love their ten speed pouches. Those are genius. But the thing they do better than all others is slings. There is no other brand of sling that even compares to the excellence that is BFG. I'm currently running a convertible, padded Vickers sling (VCAS). This is the Rolls Royce of slings. I compared it directly to a Viking Tactical VTAC last week, and the Viking seemed like a Renault in comparison. The Viking is a fine piece of gear, but the BFG completely blows it out of the water in all categories.

Magpul-
Really, everybody knows Magpul. They have the best fucking magazines made, period. For that matter, if there is a piece of gear that they make, there is a high likelihood that it's the best piece of gear made.
Before you go all "What about the MBUS?" on me, let me ask you who makes a better plastic sight? Even the AFG, which I hate. It's likely the best angled foregrip on the market. The only area that they let me down was on their sling. The convertible idea was fucking awesome. I run a convertible too. I didn't like the webbing, but with the newest rendition, they appear to have changed it and are more in line with BFG there. But lets get back to the mags. I will base gun purchases around compatibility with Pmags. I can think of three rather high profile, bad ass boomsticks that dont like Pmags......HK416s, LWRC REPRs, and the FN SCAR heavy. You know what? I would own any of those. You could give me one and I'd trade it on something else, the P-mags stay.

Daniel Defense-
There are other companies that make rails, a lot of them suck. DD is the Rolls Royce. Sure, Larue is good. Geisselle is good....Ok, my list is done. And so far, they haven't done that gay fucking keymod shit. Keymod was so high tech in the early 20th century. And I'm pretty sure, that if you go flying down a stairwell at top speed and hit your flashlight on a door frame, you'll push those two little bolts back to the large opening and off she'll come. At least HK put the holes on the right way so you couldn't push your rail mounted stuff off by using it as a shooting brace. But, enough of keymod shit, back to DD......Sure great rails, The bolt up system is stronger than the host gun and for the most part, they come in lighter than comparable rails. On top of the rail situation, they make full guns that are top notch. They are one of three companies that I recommend to folks buying a complete gun.

Special Operations Equipment - 
John Motherfucking Willis is the man! His gear is absolutely the strongest, best built gear that money can buy. You might not be able to solely use SOE gear since they don't make every piece of gear, but they make a lot and it's all good. It may not be the latest, lightweight, but it will last longer and you wont find better sewing on anything. I have had John make me custom stuff, I use regular stock items, and he even sent me free gear when paypal was unhappy with me using them for gun purchases rendering me without a way to pay him. On top of that, if you follow him on bookface, you will be entertained.

That's my list. There are a lot of other companies that make good gear. Hell, I own a lot of other companies gear. But these are the ones that stand above their competitors. The ones I have faith in their products to be the absolute best. I'll still do gear reviews on individual pieces of gear over on my youtube channel, but I wanted to put in writing somewhere how strongly I feel about the above companies. Keep tuning in, I'll try to get more blogging in between all the other stuff.

Stop by my bookface if you want to hear the daily ramblings or have some more interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing.